Sunday, November 25, 2007

Best Hot Chocolate Ever!!!!!


I will NEVER drink hot chocolate out of the packet again! Feeling the need for some homeade hot chocolate (thanks to catherine!) I ventured on to allrecipes.com and searched for hot chocolate recipes. I found one and tried it out--so yummy! I thought I would share:

Creamy Hot Cocoa:

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half cream



Combine the cocoa, sugar, and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk, vanilla, cream, and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Serves 4.

My whole family enjoyed it too =) I will try to get some Thanksgiving pics loaded soon, need to download them on the computer! We went to Olive Garden after church today and my mom and I split our two dishes--we usually do that =) Eggplant parmigiana and Shrimp caprise. Very good!! We did go see that new movie, "Dan In Real Life" yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny. It was weird b/c it was also kinda depressing....but good movie in general. I laughed a lot! Anyways..I'm off! =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad to see that you are blogging again! ;) miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets go christmas shopping soon!!!

kellyk said...

1/3 boiling water? like 1/3 cup or 1/3 of everything you'd already added? man, confusing. i think i'll stick to swiss miss.

Chrissy Galloway said...

If I have to look at this stinking Hot Chocolate post 1 more time....come on now it's been a month already!!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

for the love of God are you ever going to blog again???? =)