Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BLACK TUESDAY

Things got bad today:

1). House flooded b/c of all the rain. Have spend the last 7 or so hours suctioning up water off the carpet, pulling up the carpet, removing the padding, and suctioning the water off of the concrete. Lovely. This is the brand-new carpet we just bought in July.
2). Brian and Troy pumped all the water out the side of the house that was causing the flooding and dug a drain. It's still raining.
3). In the midst of all this, Brian's phone got wet and stopped working.
4). While digging the drain, the underground fence got torn and now that has to be fixed as well.

Can I sound any more depressing? Well now that I got all that complaining out of my system, I can try to return to my optimistic self--things could always be worse. Lessons learned--don't be a cheapskate and opt out of flood insurance--I think it would be well worth it!

Thanks to the Canalichio's for all their help today!!! I'll post pics of all the excitement another night--I'm off to bed. Night!

7 comments:

kellyk said...

that SUCKS!! i am so sorry! i wonder if we have flood insurance? should check on that...

Anonymous said...

If Brian's phone doesn't start working again, I have a couple spare Cingular phones and chargers I believe.

-Yeager

Allen said...

Yuck

Chrissy Galloway said...

that's crappy let us know if you need anything or any help!!!

Our Family said...

I'm a bit late on reading this, but I hope everything is dried out! UGH! Sorry all this is happening- I wouldn't be a happy camper, either!

Amanda said...

Aww, that sucks. Sorry you guys are having to deal with that. Hope you get everything worked out soon!

Anonymous said...

hate to hear bad things happening to such awesome folks. You guys keep your head up. It will be alright!