Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kirksey Cougars

It's Thursday night and the ref is screaming at me to get off of the field or I am going to get penalized. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WAKE UP REF A MAKE A CALL! This was my response to him during our Kirksey football game this past week.

Well it has officially been one month since I started my long-term sub position at Kirksey Middle School. It has honestly been an amazing ride for me as both a teacher in the classroom and a coach on the football field. The kids are so fun and every day is a new adventure. It seems kind of funny, but I can't walk any where in the school without all of the kids screaming, "Hi Mr. Anderson or Hey Coach Anderson." It is probably because I am one of those goofy teachers that really messes with their kids everyday.

The coaching has been even sweeter. I have actually been the defense coordinator since the first week. IT has been a perfect situation for me sadly because of the misfortune of others. One of the coaches has had a lot of personal issues and has had to miss a lot of practice. These unfortunate events have given me an opportunity to step up and really begin my coaching career as an actual coordinator. I have installed and coached the defense for our first three games and to this point we are still undefeated. My defense has given up an average of 4 points a game. And we still haven't played our best game.

Feel free to come see a different side of Brian Anderson on Thursday nights at 5:30 most the time at Rogers Stadium. I can guarantee you a good time and some laughs just by watching me. I have already been ragged pretty hard from my fellow teachers about my temper on the sideline. '

I am hoping and working as hard as I can to be able to stay at Kirksey long-term. There are possibly some opportunities there to keep me at least a while longer. I truly love the faculty and the administration. More importantly the kids are wonderful.

I still hope to be an encouragement to anyone who is unsure of what they are doing with their life. There are still more things I hope to accomplish but I have reached one of my dreams and I hope to continue this amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the kids God allows me to.

"What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches." Karl-somebody

I will leave you with a picture of what my son will probably look like one day. This is a picture of Michelle's cousin Michael. All of her family says that we look just alike.

5 comments:

V and C said...

Glad the job is going so well. I can totally see all the kids loving you. We will be there some Thursday night to see you coach. It's so close....we'll just walk over!

Keisha said...

I hope you get to stay too!!!

Anonymous said...

Brian,
I think I can speak for all of KMS when I say "we want you to stay!" I hope things work out.

Karen

Anonymous said...

hey coach its me adrian!

hahahaha nice artical!

we're glad to have to as our defense coach! see ya out on the field!

Anonymous said...

hey coach its one of your d-lineman!

See u on the field!