Monday, September 22, 2008

New Hair Cut =)

Most of you have probably seen my new do. But you may have not heard the story! On labor day weekend, Brian and I were trying to BBQ on our new grill. I was scraping the grill and Brian says, "oh, we left the gas on from the last time we used it, we need to make sure to turn it off next time". He preceeds to push the button to light the grill and WOOSH huge flame engulfs us. We both scream, Brian pulls me away from the grill and starts beating me in case I'm on fire. We both realize that we aren't on fire and calm down a bit. Then we smell the burnt hair. I touch my hair and ashes and hair start falling out. NICE. I then begin to panic and immediately start crying. I can feel the singed hair and the damage but I'm thinking, ok, I just need to brush it. So I run in the house and look in the mirror and then start panicking for real and crying even more. HAIR IS FRIED!!! Looks like I had a chemical treatment that damaged my hair. I try to brush it but it just starts falling out and ashes are everywhere. I washed it but still no good. It burned all the hair framing my face and all the hair below my shoulders. The irony is that my hair protected my face from being burned. Brian's eyelashes burned off and both of our arm hair. It was wild and crazy and it just adds to our other catastrophes this year (flood, wreck, etc) but no permanent damage and God has taken care of us through everything. So, all that to say that I got a cute new cut thanks to Monica, super star hair stylist!!! =)

Before with my gorgeous Lauren:
AFTER



I also took a pic of a strand she cut so I could see how many inches but its on Brians I-phone. I will post later. I'm thinking 7 inches? I was sad that it wasn't long enough to donate. Maye next time!!! I think the burnt hair smell took about 2 weeks to leave the house and my hair. It still is damaged up top but it will just have to grow out. I'm glad that Monica was there for my EMERGENCY. I had to have Brian call her because I knew if I talked to her I would have a breakdown on the phone. LOL =) You'll have to ask Brian what his response to my hair-emergency was. Lets just say it was a learning experience for him =)

9 comments:

Keisha said...

I really like your new hair!

V and C said...

That is crazy! You guys have had a rough year! But the haircut looks great!

kellyk said...

wow!! what a dramatic story! i can't wait to hear about brian's learning experiencE:-) that sounds like a great story.

Tim said...

I don't know if we are ready to laugh at this experience or not, but is their a picture of Brian without eyebrows?

T

Chrissy Galloway said...

holy crap! ya'll need to shake that bad luck..but your hair is SUPER CUTE!!!

Our Family said...

Your hair is adorable! You guys need to take a really long vacation- maybe at a resort so you can have somebody cook for you, you won't have to drive anywhere and any flooding will be taken care of by the hotel staff. ;)

The Can Clan said...

Yikes! Sorry about all the trauma, but your hair looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Man, what a hottie! What is your number?

Amanda said...

Scary!! But your new do looks great!