Sunday, October 12, 2008

We are KIRKSEY FOOTBALL

Some updates on our football team. For those that don't know I am the defensive coordinator for our team and we are doing really well. Our record to this point is 4-1-1. I don't know how you tie but they just ended the game with a tie. It was really annoying.

Some highlights:

Upset Shilo Christian second game of the season
Our defense is giving up an average of ONLY 6.3 points per game. That is actually really good.
We are averaging almost THREE turnovers per game on defense as well.
Got a penalty for arguing with a referee! lol

I feel as though the kids are giving amazing effort and we are getting better every week. They are constantly teaching me everyday. I am truly having the time of my life. I just hope I can teach them football, but more importantly teach them to be successful young men!

Feel free to come out to any of our games if you get a chance. It is actually really funny to watch me as I'm told. I guess I get a LITTLE animated on the sideline.

We have a game at Rogers Stadium at 5:30 this week. Michelle needs a friend to sit with as well!

GO COUGARS!!!


I will post football pictures later

3 comments:

Allen said...

Not only are they good but the school moved this year, and it is it's first year to have a football team. So it is even more impressive to think that it is the program's first year.

kellyk said...

i would have loved to have you as captain sub ni jr high! haha--i'm so happy you are enjoying yourself so much! me and the little boys may try to go to the game this week. rex would LOVE it. we feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever!

V and C said...

Glad you are having so much fun working there! That is great! Take care, Carla