Monday, June 18, 2007

Bad News Bears

Soooooooo....I have my first official injury from playing soccer. I guess I'm just grateful that I held out for almost 2 seasons before getting hurt! I think some girl kicked me in my ankle during the game yesterday. It didn't all the sudden hurt, it just got worse as the game went on and towards the end of the game I couldn't even run on it! BLAH! It was so sad because I wanted to play so bad! By the time I got home I couldn't walk on my right foot at all. I put ice on it all night last night and when I woke up this morning it felt worse. So, I made the trip to the doctor (BOOOO!!!) and had x-rays done. Not broken or fractured thankgoodness! But it is bruised and the nerves are aggravated. And apparently it is swelling on the inside. And the doctor told me the worst thing I could have done was put heat or ice on it. GO FIGURE!!! So I spent most of today (90%) with my foot elevated on like 4 pillows. That got old after about 2 hours. I have crutches to hobble around on and I have never used crutches before so it has not been cool! I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow---I cannot sit on the couch again ALL DAY! AHHHHHH!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh stink girl! what a weekend for you! (and, by the way i'd like to see you manage crutches!) ;)

Amanda said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better very soon!

kellyk said...

oh bummer!! well that's what you get for complaining about things being boring.;-)

[hope it's obvious i'm kidding:-) that sucks!]

Chrissy Galloway said...

THATS MY GIRL! It's not soccer without injury...it's half the FUN!...but let me know next time you guys sign up for teams or if you have any open spots this season because I am really interested in playing...it has been forever since I have been on a field...pluse it would be fun to play with you!

Chrissy Galloway said...

by the way...I hope you feel better soon!