Saturday, January 12, 2008

B-O-R-I-N-G WEEKEND

I think this is the first weekend in like a year where we have stayed at home both Friday night and Saturday night. It was amazing!!! =) I definitely couldn't do it every weekend or anything but it was nice this time! Brian had his Praxis II tests today, so he was gone from like 10:00 until about 4:00 taking tests all day. Gross! This is why I quit school =) So me and Moses hung out all day and did absolutely NOTHING. Ok, I did clean my house but that was about it! We did venture out to get some chinese food for dinner (we have been eating healthy for the last two weeks so I needed some real food). We have been eating LOTS of salad and fruit/veggies. It has been a lot harder than I thought it would. We mainly do chicken now. I don't like fish so that kind of limits me on stuff besides chicken. I did substitute turkey for ground beef this week in one recipe. And what really stinks is that I am a really picky veggie eater. I made this broccoli/spinach/rice casserole thing as a side dish and thought I was going to vomit after one bite. So, basically I like zucchine, squash, and peppers as veggies. Oh, I do LOVE corn but apparently, that is not a "real" vegetable. Absolutely NO beans, carrots, peas, broccoli, spinach, etc. GROSS ME OUT! So this is why it is so hard for me b/c all that stuff is so gross to me. So if anyone has any recipes for some good veggie sides, please send them my way. I can usually tolerate veggies in soups or casseroles, but that one side dish was just gross. I think its because it seriously just had spinach, broccoli, rice, and some seasonings, no cheese or anything. Basically what I'm saying is that I only like veggies once they are fattened up!!! HA! So it has been hard but good, because I have seen good results! My husband has been a great encourager and has jumped right on board with me to healthy eating! Anyways, enough about that. If you live in Fayetteville and are craving some chinese food, Hunan Manor off of Wedington is very good. They are cheaper than Madame Woo's (which we love) and they have a buffet that is actually really good. I usually hate buffets because the food is cold and has been sitting there forever and is gross. But they do a good job at this place to keep the food hot and fresh. I was impressed. And it was a good price! Well, this was a pretty random boring post so I will keep you no longer! Have an awesome Sunday and be blessed!! =)

2 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

You could make a Stir Fry with zucchine, squash, and peppers. Add some chicken, rice, and mixed nuts and it would be really good. We have stir fry a lot...usually with more veggies!! They sell some stir fry sauce at Wal-Mart too, you just pour it ontop of your veggies and rice and it is DELISH!

kellyk said...

eating healthy. poo. it's no fun for me. pass the pop tarts.

you guys should come over soon and hang out. i have some chicken i can cook;-) sorry i won't be at church today....kev is working and i'm just too tired to load the boys up by myself!! is there a day brian doesn't have to be up too crazy early?