Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Grandpa is a Celeb!!!!

I found out today that my grandpa, Maxie Docusen (aka "little duke") and my great uncle, Bernard Docusen (aka "big duke") are being inducted into the World Hall of Fame for Boxing in California in June 2008. This is a picture of them plus another brother. My grandpa is first, then my Uncle Bernard. Then there is another picture of my grandpa below this one, its actually on sale on Ebay! I think I might buy it! It seems that my Uncle got more publicity than my grandpa and has a whole "bio" online if you want to check it out: http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.php/Bernard_Docusen
Bernard actually fought Sugar Ray Robinson and lost in a decision. Pretty cool! Here are some facts about my grandpa:

~lightweight -class boxer, born on 11-15-1928
~Won 72 Fights , with 26 knockouts
~Lost 6 Fights, with 3 ending in a knockout
~Has forced a draw in 3 fights.
~Boxing stance: Orthodox
~Height--5'7
~Fight Reach/Arm Length: 31"
~Total Career Fights: 82

Its kinda cool to google your grandpa and see all this stuff come up! I dont' get to see him all that often and I sure do miss him and my Meme! Love you both!!! =)

1 comment:

Monica said...

That's really cool. He was cute...is that creepy?