Monday, January 07, 2008

Things Are Getting Crazy....

My coworkers and I have decided that every semester, people (aka. students and parents) seem to get more hateful and rude. Especially on the phone. For example, this is one of the first phone calls I received this morning:

Me: "Good morning, student accounts, this is Michelle, can I help you?"
Student: "I need to find out where my refund check will be sent to me at?"
Me: "Okay, can I have your student account number?"
Student: (exasperated and annoyed) "uggghhhh..do you really need that from me right now?"
Me: (what I wish I could say) " yea, genius, if you want me to look up your account then I need the stinkin' account number".
Me: (what I really said through clenched teeth--b/c after all, she did call ME for HELP) "Yes, I will need the account number to answer your question."
Student: "Fine, hold on."
She's gone for a couple of minutes. Comes back finally and gives me the account number and we are done in 10 seconds. I just love that she calls me for help, gets annoyed that i ask for her account number and then puts ME on HOLD. lol, I did have to laugh at that one. Trust me, that is one of the MINOR rude calls so far. And it's only Monday. I think that is why we keep lots of chocolate on hand during working hours. Anyways, at least I have a job and I like the people I work with---thats the upside! Here are some cute pics of Moses and his girlfriend, Sasse =)






1 comment:

V and C said...

I can't stand rude people!! I used to be rude back...lol...you are much nicer than me! :)